- Amaranth Seeds : 1 cup or about 2 cups puffed amaranth
- Roasted peanuts : 1.5 cups
- Honey : 6 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder : ½ tsp
- Goji Berries : 1/2 cup
- Roasted sunflower seeds : ½ cup
- Rock Salt : ¼ tsp
- Vanilla extract : ½ tsp (Optional)
Preparation Time: 20mins
- Grind the peanuts along with cinnamon powder and salt until it is a fine powder.
- Then add honey and vanilla extract and grind again so that the ingredients get mixed well.
- In another bowl, toss goji berries and sunflower seeds with the popped amaranth. In case you are using amaranth seeds, you can pop them at home as per the instructions given below.
- Then add the peanut-honey mixture into it and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a broad pan and smoothen it with the back of a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate. Once chilled it will keep together and be easy to cut into little squares.
How to pop Amaranth at home
- Heat a pan on high – medium flame.
- Add about 1 tbsp of amaranth seeds into the pan and cover with a lid. Keep shaking the pan continuously till all the seeds get popped. Transfer them into another container and continue with the next batch.
- It is important to pop the seeds in batches and also to keep shaking the container. This will ensure an even distribution of heat and will also prevent the seeds from getting burnt.
I hope you liked the recipe. Do let me know your feedback in the comments section below.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
With over 6 years of experience in the organic industry, Priya is a strong believer in using healthy and easy to use alternatives in daily life. She passionately advises her friends, family and customers by sharing with them practical and easy ways to include healthy alternatives in their daily life.