- Puffed makhana : 1 cup
- Green Peas: 1 cup
- Onion : 2 chopped
- Tomatoes : 3
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
- Grated coconut : 2 tbsp
- Cashew : 4-5
- Red chilli powder : ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder : ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder : 1.5 tsp
- Cumin powder : 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder : 1/2 tsp
- Rock Salt as per taste
- Ghee : 1 tsp
- Sunflower Oil : 2 tbsp
- Water : 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – chopped for garnish
Serves: 2-3 persons
Preparation Time: 25-30 mins
- Roast the puffed makhana in ghee on low flame till for about 7-8 minutes.
- Steam the green peas and keep aside.
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender
- Grind the coconut and cashew to a fine paste
- Heat sunflower oil and fry the onions till they turn pink. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the coconut-cashew paste and fry for about a minute. Then pour the pureed tomato , spices and salt. Cook on medium flame for 10-12 minutes till you can see oil leaving from the sides.
- Add water till you get the desired consistency and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Then add the makhana and green peas. Cook covered on low flame for about 10 minutes and remove from flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
With over 6 years of experience in the organic industry, Priya is a strong believer in using healthy and easy to use alternatives in daily life. She passionately advises her friends, family and customers by sharing with them practical and easy ways to include healthy alternatives in their daily life.