Chakras are the main energy centers in our body through which energy flows. We have 7 Chakras in our body and if even one of them are blocked, then the body suffers from various physical and mental ailments. So it is critical to keep our Chakras clear from such blocks so that the energy can flow freely and the body remains free from any diseases.
So let us have a look at what these Chakras are and what how do they relate to our emotional being and which herbs/spices help in balancing them naturally.
Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- Healing Herbs & Spices: Burdock, Cloves/clover, Dandelion, Rosemary, horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne, pepper.
This chakra deals with our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- Healing Herbs & Spices: Coriander, Calendula, Fennel, Gardenia, Licorice, cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds, caraway seeds.
This chakra deals with our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- Healing Herbs & Spices: Anise, Celery, Cinnamon, Lily of the Valley, Marshmallow, Mints, ginger, mints (peppermint, spearmint, etc.), melissa, turmeric, cumin, fennel.
This chakra relates to our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
- Healing Herbs & Spices: Cayenne, Hawthorn berries, Jasmine, Lavender, Marjoram, Rose, basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, parsley
This chakra deals with our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- Healing Herbs & Spices: Coltsfoot, Peppermint, Red clover blossoms, Sage, salt, lemon grass
Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Healing Herbs & Spices: Eyebright, Juniper, Mugwort, Poppy, Rosemary,lavender, poppy seed, mugwort.
The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- Healing Herbs & Spices: Gotu Kola, Lavender, Lotus